The Warehouse – Clunes Team Leader
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $59,922 p.a. + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Team Leader to coordinate activities and management of The Warehouse – Clunes to ensure an accessible, vibrant centre which responds to the needs and aspirations of the local community.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Coordinating the day to day operation and delivery of all services at The Warehouse – Clunes.
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service for the entire centre, including Library and Visitor Information.
- Manage and maintain systems that will support prompt and responsive service to customers.
- Support internal Hepburn Shire service providers and external community members in self-organising activities, programs and events in The Warehouse – Clunes spaces (including outdoor spaces when available).
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of Council operations.
- Supervise staff and volunteers and support them in their continued development and learning.
- Build relationships with local organisations and partners.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant post secondary qualifications with some experience, or knowledge and skills in the services operated at The Warehouse – Clunes and/or a similar facility (e.g. customer service, visitor information, library operations, community programs) acquired through working in a similar customer focused service delivery environment.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff and volunteers and supporting their training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure during peak service periods.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and flexibility within a changing work environment, with the ability to regularly review the effectiveness of current procedures, processes and operations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office software package, internet and intranet, library information systems, telephone systems and customer request management systems.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Ellie Beer, Library and Visitor Services Coordinator on 5321 6124.
Closing date: Sunday 13 March 2016