VicHealth This Girl Can Week
March 23rd to 29th 2020
With the support from VicHealth, Hepburn Shire Council will be supporting the VicHealth This Girl Can Week in March 2020.
This Girl Can is a state-wide campaign led by VicHealth. It aims to encourage more females, regardless of their background, age, ability or body type, to be active in physical activity in any way that suits them. The campaigns is now in its second year. Over 285,000 females have been inspired to get more active as a result of seeing the campaign. In 2020 the campaign will be celebrated from 23 to 29 March.
Council is seeking Expressions of Interests (EOIs) from state sporting associations, groups and clubs who are interested to promote their activities supporting women and girls of all ages to get active during This Girl Can week.
We want to know about what is already on offer for females across the Shire, and about your ‘Local Heroes’ who are already out there, breaking down barriers to participation.
New and one-off events will also be considered.
To be eligible for Council support activities must:
- Addresses the needs and wants of females within the Hepburn Shire
- Take place within the Hepburn Shire
- Be free of cost for females to attend
- Have one or more sessions taking place in This Girl Can week
- Be designed in reference with the Helping Women and Girls Get Active Guide
Activities must also be either be:
- Social and modified sport offerings, or
- Recreation or sport activities which target beginners
Promotion, Education, Venue Fee Waiver, Funding and Other Support are available for activities that meet the objectives of the campaign. This could include:
- Social posts
- Print media (Advocate Council page)
- Access to ‘This Girl Can’ education collateral
- Fee waiver for Council venues
- Funding for instructor costs, venue hire, child-care services, minor equipment purchases, catering
We encourage organisations interested to consider all age and background demographics.
EOIs that partner with local sporting clubs or recreation providers to deliver activities will be seen favourably.
Activities that are run over several weeks may consider how it can link to the Premiers Active April campaign.
Expressions of Interest have now closed. Please contact Tamara Patterson with any enquiries email@example.com 5321 6457.
Expressions of Interest close 3 March 2020.