Transfer Station Team Leader
We are currently seeking a proactive individual to oversee a small team and the smooth operation of Hepburn Shire Council’s transfer stations located in Daylesford, Creswick and Trentham.
- Permanent Full Time supervisory role
- Band 4 commencing salary $72,592* p.a. plus 9.5% super + monthly RDO
- Commencing 1 July 2019
About the Role
Responsible for ensuring Council’s transfer stations operate in a safe, resourceful and effective way the Team Leader transfer stations role provides general supervision and guidance to a small team of attendants servicing the disposal of the community’s waste, recycle and miscellaneous items. Your well-developed supervisory skills, commitment to ensuring the highest possible standards of cleanliness and safety and the ability to provide meaningful on-the-job training and mentoring to individuals will see you succeed in this role.
A hands-on approach and flexible nature is necessary to oversee the operations of our facilities; this includes management of rosters and promoting best practice in terms of waste management procedures and regulations. You will be encouraged to identify areas for improvement and actively participate in the implementation of planned changes. Having good communication skills and a positive attitude will ensure you deliver accurate and timely advice and information to customers.
The transfer stations are open 7 days a week and as such this role requires the successful individual to be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and public holidays.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience in continuous improvement and willingness to advocate for changes to improve processes and practices;
- Relevant qualification and licences including forklift, backhoe and drivers license supported by demonstrable experience;
- Experience in supervising and motivating staff;
- Strong communication skills with an ability to relate well with a diverse range of people; and
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK, click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit your application including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here. For a confidential discussion please contact Jackie Mitchell, Waste and Environmental Coordinator on 03 5321 6463.
Applications close Monday 10 June 2019. Interviews will commence Monday 17 June 2019.
* The salary package includes a 25% special engagement allowance that compensates for working weekends and public holidays as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.