Turf Maintenance Operator
Permanent Full Time with fortnight RDO
Commencing salary $54,017 p.a. + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Turf Maintenance Operator to maintain a range of sportsgrounds and turf at a number of high profile locations across the shire ensuring all contractual obligations are met and the highest possible standards and conditions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- To assist with the development and maintenance of parks, gardens, reserves and sportsgrounds in the Hepburn Shire.
- To carry out instructions from the Parks & Open Space Coordinator or the delegated Manager/Team Leader.
- To apply turf management practices and other skills to the tasks allocated.
- To maintain any plant and equipment in good working order.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Qualifications and or experience in modern turf practices, irrigation and maintaining high profile sportsgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain plant and equipment in accordance with OH&S procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate effectively with other team members and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to operate without supervision and within program timelines.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Mitchell Hogg, Parks and Open Space Coordinator on 5321 6138.
Closing date: Sunday 13 March 2016