Council Meetings During COVID-19 Pandemic – Virtual Council Meeting
In response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, the State government has recently introduced temporary measures that allow for virtual Council meetings to be conducted. The change to legislation ensures the safe continuation of local government decision making for both Councillors and the community.
In light of this, for the foreseeable future, Council will hold virtual Council meetings.
The community is at the forefront of our decisions. As such we have implemented some minor changes to enable public participation whilst adhering to the advice of health and government agencies relating to COVID-19.
Changes to Public Question Time:
- At Virtual Council Meetings, the Mayor will read out the question(s) submitted by community members and provide a verbal response at the meeting.
- Written responses will be provided to submitters after the meeting.
- Members of the public are invited to submit written questions this form https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Editable-Form-Public-Question-Time.pdf to the Chief Executive Officer by 12 noon on the day of the Ordinary Meeting of Council.
- Public Question time will continue to follow ordinary process in line with the details on the prescribed form and in accordance with Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law #1.
- Completed Public Question Time Forms can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘Public Question’ in the subject line.
- Public Question Time Forms received after 12 noon will be held over to the next Ordinary Meeting of Council. Requesting to Address Council
- If you would like to address Council, you must provide a brief synopsis of your address in writing to the Chief Executive Officer by email at email@example.com by 12 noon on the day of the Ordinary Meeting of Council.
- A time limit of three minutes for each address will apply but the time may be extended at the discretion of the Chairperson.
- Please provide your phone number and email address so that Council staff can contact you prior to the meeting to organise for you to participate in the virtual council meetings.
- You will be sent an invitation to the Virtual Council Meeting with associated instructions to assist you with your request to address Council.
- For further information please email the Governance and Risk Department via e: Governance_Compliance_Risk@hepburn.vic.gov.au
For more information regarding Public Participation click here https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/public-participation/
The Council meeting will be live streamed and can be viewed on our Facebook page.