Visitor Experience Officer
- 12-month fixed term parental leave contract role
- Full time hours working Tuesday – Saturday
- Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a. plus 9.5% super + monthly RDO
- Commencing June 2019
We offer a supportive, professional and motivating work environment that is strongly committed to community values and delivering great outcomes. It is an exciting and opportune time to join Our Council and become part of the journey to help shape a progressive future for the region.
About the role
Working in a vibrant team environment this role is responsible for providing supervision for the day-to-day operations Daylesford Regional Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and supporting operations at our Creswick, Trentham & Clunes VIC’s as required, including retail & budget management and business engagement initiatives. Providing quality visitor experience is a core focus of this role and will suit an individual who has previous experience in tourism and/or marketing and has the desire to work with a diverse community.
A well-organised, proactive and friendly approach is essential, to ensure customer service excellence. You will be responsible for rostering and managing a team of dedicated volunteers across the VIC’s ensuring adequate training and support is given, providing assistance and guidance to ensure all visitors who engage with the VIC’s receive accurate, timely and unbiased information and leave feeling inspired. A flair for creativity would be advantageous as you will be required to manage Council’s digital tourist information presence, to actively promote local tourism and businesses and advocate attraction strategies for our region through brochure management. The Regional VIC remains open all year round with the exception of Christmas Day. As such, this role requires the successful individual to work Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am – 5:15pm with a monthly RDO. It is important to note that this role is required to work on Public Holidays however Council provide a day in lieu to recompense.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A passion for providing high quality customer service and an interest in the Shire and the incredible experiences it has to offer
- Tertiary qualifications in tourism or marketing or relevant transferable experience along with relevant experience and understanding of Visitor Information Centre and/or a similar facility’s operations
- Experience managing volunteers and/or staff
- Strong experience using computer systems and software including MS Office
- Strong communication skills with an ability to relate well with a diverse range of people and
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK, click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit your application including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD. A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact Julie Nixon, Visitor Experience Officer on (03) 5321 6100.
Applications close Sunday 26 May 2019.