Visitor Services Officer
Part Time (15 hours per week)
Band 4 ($52,587 – $56,176 pro rata) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Community & Economic Development Team to appoint a part time Visitor Services Officer based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated knowledge of Visitor Information and Tourism services as well as experience supervising volunteers and/or staff.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- With the support of the Visitor Services Team Leader and Library & Visitor Services Coordinator ensure that the Daylesford VIC continues to maintain and operate to Level 2 accreditation in accordance with Visitor Information Centre standards;
- To provide administrative support to the Community and Economic Development Unit, specifically the Visitor Services Team Leader;
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training, rostering and support, including familiarisations, meetings and newsletters;
- Ensure cash security is maintained in respect to revenue collected in accordance with prescribed procedures and statutory requirements;
- Provide backup support to Daylesford VIC volunteers as required;
- Provide visitors services support to VIC in Creswick, Clunes and Trentham as required;
- Work on Special projects ie; development and maintenance of tourism business database and maintenance of Shire wide promotional material.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications or knowledge, skills and experience in a similar role and environment would be an advantage
- Experience in supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Demonstrated high level performance of administrative duties and working effectively in a busy office environment
- Highly developed computer and administration skills including cash handling procedures and equipment
- High level of interpersonal skills with ability to gain co-operation and assistance from others.
- Ability to work regular weekend shifts.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Ellie Beer, Library & Visitor Services Coordinator, on 0427 844 773.
Closing date: Sunday 12 July 2015