Waste and Projects Officer
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 5 ($58,008 – $67,643 p.a.) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Strategic Asset Management Team to appoint a Waste and Projects Officer based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has a demonstrated knowledge of waste management practices and principles preferably within a local government environment. The successful applicant will also have high level administration and database maintenance skills as well as experience assisting in project and contract management.
Key responsibilities and duties:
The key objectives of this position are to:
- Administer Council’s waste and resource recovery functions including the management of contracts for kerbside waste and recycling collection and contracts for the operation of Council’s 3 transfer stations and the Daylesford Consolidation Facility;
- Implement and monitor actions arising out of Council’s Waste Manage and Resource Recovery Strategy 2013; and
- Assist with the management of a range of service contracts and minor projects.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Project Management or lesser formal qualifications with work skills and relevant experience in project and contract management.
- A demonstrated knowledge of waste management practices and principles including an ability to implement waste management initiatives and plans in accordance with existing policies/frameworks.
- Demonstrated project and contract management experience particularly in relation to contracts for the provision of services.
- High level research, administrative and analytical skills in order to assist in the compilation of reports and recommendations.
- High level computer literacy skills and experience with relevant electronic database applications, programs and software.
- A current Victorian drivers’ licence (mandatory).
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Steve Millard, Manager Strategic Asset Management, on 0407 608 451.
Closing date: Sunday 21 June 2015