White Ribbon Breakfast
Raising Awareness of Violence Against Women
Thursday 24 November 2016
7.30am, RACV Goldfields
Guest Speaker Former AFL Player – Brad Sewell
Performance by Ballarat White Ribbon Choir
Ambassador Nominee Presentation
For bookings please click here
White Ribbon is Australia’s only national, male led Campaign to end men’s violence against women. The White Ribbon vision is that all women live in safety free from all forms of men’s violence. Globally, White Ribbon is the world’s largest male-led movement to end men’s violence against women. Originating in Canada in 1991, White Ribbon is now active in more than 60 countries and began in Australia in 2003. In July 2015, Council resolved to establish a White Ribbon Committee to initiate a campaign to end violence against women.
In November 2015 Council adopted the Hepburn White Ribbon Committee Terms of Reference. The Terms of Reference note the Goal of the Hepburn Shire White Ribbon Committee is ending violence against women in all its forms by:
- Challenging men to speak out, and think about their own beliefs, language and actions.
- Enlightening young people, especially young men and boys, on the issue through education and being proactive.
- Raising public awareness of the issue.
- Inducting White Ribbon (WR) Ambassadors each year. WR Ambassadors will be encouraged to attend training and actively promote White Ribbon at fundraising opportunities, speaking engagements and community functions.
- Working in partnership with a variety of sectors including; community organisations, businesses, the media and other partners to create a future with no violence against women and children.
- Supporting White Ribbon Campaigns with our experience, resources and networks.
This year will see the first annual Hepburn White Ribbon Committee event and the induction and training of Hepburn Shire White Ribbon Ambassador’s.