Council provides competitive remuneration packages including attractive salaries, hours, employee benefits and training and development opportunities.
- Induction programs
- Formal training and development
- Professional Study Assistance
- Opportunity to act in more senior positions
- Professional Development and networking opportunities
- Individualised Performance Development Plans
- Staff Recognition and Reward program
Health and Wellbeing
- Annual on-site flu vaccination program
- Work-life balance and family friendly working environment/conditions
- Flexible leave and work arrangements, including consideration of job share options
- Paid maternity, adoption and spousal leave
- Prenatal leave
- Flexible return to work options from parental leave
- Employee Assistance program – free counselling and support
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave (ie. 48/52 week annual leave)
- Monthly RDO for full time indoor staff
- Fortnightly RDO for full time outdoor staff
Council has agreed Values that are embedded in the culture of Hepburn Shire Council:
Accountability – We will be responsible for our choices. We will acknowledge and learn from our mistakes.
Respect – We will accept people’s differences. We will look for the best in people and value their contribution. We will treat people with respect and dignity.
Excellence – We will perform to our best ability. We will commit to learning and growing. We will strive to achieve the organisation’s long term vision.
Trust – We will encourage creativity and innovation. We will value everyone’s contribution. We will lead by example. We will act honestly.
Fun – We will acknowledge and celebrate our successes. We believe in getting involved. We will promote a healthy sense of humour.