Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 7 ($79,790 – $89,288) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Strategic Project Delivery Team to appoint a Works Coordinator based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has extensive experience in the scheduling and coordination of work programs, including planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring, preferably within a local government or civil construction environment.
Key responsibilities and duties:
The position objectives are to:
- Ensure a high standard of maintenance and capital works, effective risk management and community satisfaction is achieved with Council’s road network and ancillary assets.
- Ensures there is a planned and coordinated approach to maintenance and improvement works in accordance with Council specifications, OH&S legislation and Council purchasing policy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Councils Road Management Plan.
- Lead by example and make a positive contribution to the asset maintenance and renewal program.
- Be responsible for issues such as budget monitoring, contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations for the Works Unit.
- Ensure the requirements and objectives of the Works Unit are met by displaying effective co-ordination of staff and resources.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in civil construction or road maintenance construction with several years relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive relevant work skills and experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a Roads Maintenance works environment including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Proven ability to schedule and co-ordinate work programs, including the management of resources, across a range of activities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgement with the ability to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategy and policy with evidence of a focus on achieving results.
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to engage communities and gain co-operation from others in a variety of situations and levels within the workplace and community.
- Excellent and practical knowledge of OHS requirements including the ability to proactively manage risk and OH&S requirements within area or responsibility.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Darren Dumesny, Manager Strategic Project Delivery on 0417 144 403.
Closing date: Sunday 21 June 2015