Council has an opportunity for a qualified plant and equipment mechanic to work within a cohesive operational team that delivers high-quality maintenance, repair and services to Council plant and equipment. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
• Located Daylesford depot and working across various locations within the Shire
• Full time role (76 hours per fortnight) with fortnightly RDO
• Band 3 commencing hourly rate $27.63 (inclusive of industry allowance) plus 9.5% superannuation
• Maintenance allowance $34.20 per week is paid in addition to base hourly rate above
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Perform maintenance activities on operational plant and equipment at varying locations throughout the municipality, including depot workshops and onsite
• Drive and operate a variety of Council operational plant and equipment
• Ensure plant and equipment maintenance is carried out in accordance with agreed practice
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Qualifications and sound experience in plant and equipment maintenance and maintenance programs, practices and standards
• Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence – Heavy Rigid, a current Forklift licence and OH&S White Card
• Possess strong mechanical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of plant and equipment, and the ability to perform plant and equipment maintenance
• Excellent and practical OH&S knowledge.
Please submit your application here including a:
1. Cover letter;
2. Resume; and
3. Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au
For a confidential discussion please contact Paul Healy, Works Coordinator on 0437 482 306Applications close Wednesday 6 November 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.
We’re social! – Connect with us through LinkedIn, Facebook,Instagram