Youth Engagement Officer
Part Time Fixed Term Contract – 2 days per week (Aug 17-Mar 18)
Band 4 – $27.86 per hour (+ 9.5% super)
- Want to develop your leadership skills?
- Want to work with young people in Hepburn Shire?
- Want to develop REAL skills to put on your resume?
Based in Daylesford, Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a temporary part time Youth Engagement Officer to coordinate the implementation of the Youth Strategy Action Plan including school holiday activities, quick response youth grants, FReezA Program and space activation.
The area is known for its tourism, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
We are looking for an engaged person who is enthusiastic to create great experiences young people in our community.
This opportunity is looking for someone who has:
- Interest and enthusiasm to plan and run FReeZA Events . More information about the FReeZA Program can be found at http://www.youthcentral.vic.gov.au/freeza
- Understanding and willingness to run community and youth participation and consultation in project management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work with others and ability to be self directed in completing tasks.
- Skills, experience and/or interest in a relevant area, such as marketing, graphics, music, event management.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Apply NOW to make a difference for young people in the Shire.You can submit your application through SEEK here and upload your:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out more information, give Ellie Beer, Library & Visitor Services Coordinator a call on 5321 6124.
Closing date: Sunday 23 July 2017