If you’d love to work in a team that’s not too large and not too small in a country town 1.5hours from Melbourne, then come join us.
Set in a beautiful location, with great walking and cycling options, amid forest and bushland, and with access to excellent locally grown food, Hepburn Shire Council offers plenty for young families, singles and more skilled and experienced staff looking for adventure and opportunity. Kick off your career here or bring your experience to help serve our community. There’s plenty of perks too.
What we can offer you
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) for full-time indoor staff
- Fortnightly RDO for full-time outdoor staff
- Flexible work arrangements including being able to work from home for up to 50% of your time
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer and six weeks paid leave for secondary carer (the remainder of the 52 week parental leave entitlement is unpaid)
- Continued superannuation payments for parents on unpaid leave
- Flexible return-to-work options from parental leave
- Paid leave for gender transition and affirmation
- 20 days paid domestic violence leave
- 5 days paid domestic violence carer leave
- Professional study assistance
- Annual salary progression
- Access to, and support to, join local government and other professional leadership programs
- Inclusive and safe work culture with strong drive for gender equality, diversity and transparency in fair recruitment and promotion
- Support to develop professionally and advance your career
- Flexible leave and work arrangements including job-sharing and a family-friendly working environment
- Annual free, on-site flu vaccinations
- Free annual skin cancer checks for outdoor employees
- Free counselling and support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Council’s Gender Equality Action Plan commitments to providing an inclusive and safe workforce.
Our offices and sites are located at
Daylesford: Shops, cafes, restaurants, health, galleries, markets, Wombat Hill Botanical Gardens, mineral springs and spa resorts
Clunes: Historic town with good eateries and great walking nearby, plus wineries
Creswick: Great bushwalking and swimming, strong art history and a golf resort
Trentham: Great food-producing area, with excellent local food offerings, bush walking trails, golf course and nearby waterfalls
Check our current job vacancies.
Have questions? Contact our Culture and Performance Team on (03) 5321 6111 or email us.
Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.