Time for a change….
Make Hepburn Shire Council your next career move. We are a small rural council with a dedicated team who delivers meaningful outcomes for the community. You can enjoy the challenges, fast track your career, enjoy flexibility with contemporary employee benefits and either enjoy the rural lifestyle or be in Melbourne in basically an hour.
Our main office is in the renowned, stunning tourist town of Daylesford, only 90 km northwest of Melbourne. Additional Council facilities are also located in our surrounding historical townships of Clunes, Creswick, and Trentham. Appreciate a flexible work life balance with opportunities to discover vibrant local communities of artists, gardeners, writers, musicians, foodies and so much more. Kick off your career here or bring your experience to help serve our community.
"I absolutely love working in Local Government! Sometimes it isn’t easy but the diversity of delivering over 100 services and building and maintaining assets directly for our community of residents and visitors means you won’t be bored, and you will see your role making a difference. Hepburn Shire is an amazing location, with committed staff and Councillors, so why not apply for a role…..you won’t be disappointed."
Chief Executive Officer
There’s plenty of perks too. Apply today, to join us in delivering meaningful work.
What we can offer you
- Work From Home - up to 50% for eligible staff
- Rostered Days Off (RDO) Fortnightly or monthly for eligible full-time staff
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer and six weeks paid leave for secondary carer (the remainder of the 52 week parental leave entitlement is unpaid)
- Continued superannuation payments for parents on unpaid leave
- Flexible return-to-work options from parental leave
- Paid leave for gender transition and affirmation
- 20 days paid domestic violence leave
- 5 days paid domestic violence carer leave
- Professional study assistance
- Annual salary progression
- Access to, and support to, join local government and other professional leadership programs
- Inclusive and safe work culture with strong drive for gender equality, diversity and transparency in fair recruitment and promotion
- Support to develop professionally and advance your career
- Flexible leave and work arrangements including job-sharing and a family-friendly working environment
- Annual free, on-site flu vaccinations
- Free annual skin cancer checks for outdoor employees
- Free counselling and support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Council’s Gender Equality Action Plan commitments to providing an inclusive and safe workforce.
Our offices and sites are located at
Daylesford: Shops, cafes, restaurants, health, galleries, markets, Wombat Hill Botanical Gardens, mineral springs and spa resorts
Clunes: Historic town with good eateries and great walking nearby, plus wineries
Creswick: Great bushwalking and swimming, strong art history and a golf resort
Trentham: Great food-producing area, with excellent local food offerings, bush walking trails, golf course and nearby waterfalls
Check our current job vacancies.
Have questions? Contact our Culture and Performance Team on (03) 5321 6436 or email us.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We encourage applications from all suitable applicants, including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, and people of different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations and cultural backgrounds.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer.
Our values are accountability, respect, excellence, trust and fun.