Apply for building documents or information

Council’s Building Services Team can provide copies of documents relating to your property. This includes copies of building information, property information certificate, and building permits and plans. 

Request Property Information Certificate

There are two sections available for a Property Information Certificate (also known as a Building Information Request).

Section 1: Lists the approvals or compliance actions that have occurred or are in progress on a property for the last ten years.

Section 2: Determines if the property is in an area that has specific requirements under Building Regulations before new building works can start.

Request a Property Information Certificate

Request a copy of building permits and/or plans

Use the link below to request a copy of a building permit and/or endorsed plans (also known as a Building archival form request).

Request a copy of a building permit and/or endorsed plans

To receive a copy of a permit and plans, the consent of the current owner is required. Please note, while every effort will be made to locate any documents relating to your property, we cannot guarantee that they will be available. 

Copy of assets located on property

Building plans usually do not show where utility services such as stormwater or sewer pipes are located on your property. This information is available at Dial Before You Dig or contact your water provider (Central Highlands Water or Coliban Water).

Related links

For a Land Information Certificate visit our Property page.