Hepburn Shire Council has three transfer stations for depositing selected waste and recyclables. Charges do apply for the use of these facilities.
Transfer stations are closed on Christmas Day, Good Friday and Code Red days.
Transfer Station ‘Tip Shops’ sell used, recycled and second hand products which have been salvaged before going to landfill. They are located at each of the Transfer Stations.
Transfer Station Fees
Transfer stations during lockdowns
The transfer stations are only open for essential waste disposal during lockdown, do not bring non-essential waste to the transfer stations during these periods.
What is essential waste?
Essential waste drop off is available at transfer stations for those who don’t have a kerbside service or have waste that impacts human health, causes odours, attracts pests or is a safety issue, such as storm damage that impacts property access.
- Does it pose a risk to human health?
- Does it pose a safety risk?
- Will it cause odours or attract pests?
- Can you fit it in your kerbside waste bin?
- Can you store it safely until after lockdown?
- Wear a mask
- Keep your distance, 1.5m minimum
- Check in using QR codes
- EFTPOS payment or tip vouchers are strongly preferred
- Stay home if you have any symptoms
- Comply with all COVID safety requirements
- Tip shop are closed during lockdown.
Free green waste occurs each year in November to allow residents to prepare for bush fire season. Click through for more details on green waste at transfer stations.
Please note our transfer stations do not accept asbestos, or any material that may contain asbestos. For more information on accepted materials see hard waste at transfer stations.