Outdoor Swimming Pool Season 2017/18
Outdoor pools in Clunes, Daylesford and Trentham closed on Sunday 10th March 2018.
The Splash Park will remain operating until Sunday 15 April 2018, weather permitting.
End of Season Survey
Thank you to everyone who visited our pools over the summer season, we hope you had an enjoyable experience.
The survey is now closed, we received 39 responses. Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey.
Pool Opening Hours
|Weekends, public & |
|Weekdays during term|
|Clunes||11am – 7pm||1pm – 7pm|
|Daylesford||11am – 7pm||1pm – 7pm|
|Trentham||1pm – 6pm||3.30pm – 7pm|
Pools will be closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Creswick Splash Park is open 9am – 9pm daily except Christmas Day
Weather Policy – Revised November 2017
Pools will be closed when the air temperature forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology at 4:00pm for the next day is less than 21 degrees Celsius (ie. 20 and below).
Pool opening hours may be extended when the air temperature forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology at 4:00pm for the next day is more than 30 degrees Celsius.
- To allows for the difference in climate across the Shire. The air temperature for Daylesford and Trentham Pools will be based on the forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology for Ballarat. The air temperature for Clunes will be based on the forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology for Bendigo.
- Extended hours will be determined by the Aquatic Facilities Coordinator who will ensure appropriate staff are available.
- If there are less than 10 patrons the Aquatic Facilities Coordinator may close the pools after 7pm regardless of temperature.
- The latest closure will be 9pm and the earliest opening will be 10am.
- Early opening or late closure may occur during special events.
- Prescheduled activities, e.g. VICSWIM, may operate regardless of temperature.
- All variations to opening hours will be advertised on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hepburncouncil
Hazardous Conditions – Early Closing Policy
Outdoor pools may be closed at any time for safety reasons, these include if weather poses a hazard to patrons and staff.
All pools will be closed in the event a CODE RED Day is declared by the CFA.
Pools may also be closed if there are inconsistencies with chemical levels or for hygiene reasons to protect the health of our swimmers.
|Purchased by 1 December (discounted)||From 2 December|
|Family Season Ticket||$143||$153|
|Adult Season Ticket||$87||$97|
|Concession Season Ticket||$69||$74|
|Child Season Ticket||$59||$64|
|Family Day Entry||$12|
|School Entry per student||$2|
Activities at our Pools
We will have plenty of activities at the pools this summer, including:
- Games Days with sports and activities
- Free Australia Day Party at all pools
- The new inflatable for the Trentham and Clunes Pools
We will again be running the VICSWIM Learn to Swim Program for one week – January 15th -19th 2018 from 10am to 12.50pm at all pools; Registration is open online now through VICSWIM.
Cost is $30 per participant payable to VICSWIM.
Like the Hepburn Shire’s Facebook page (hepburncouncil) to keep up to date with what’s on.
We have pool rules displayed at each pool to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the pools and the grounds in a safe and happy manner. Our Lifeguards are charged with the safety of all users and will enact our discipline policy when the rules are not followed. View the discipline policy here.