Outdoor Swimming Pool Season
Pools and the Splash Park open on Saturday, 5 December 2020 and close on Monday, 8 March 2021.
A manual sign in system will be in place for people without mobile access.
Important things to remember to remain COVID safe:
- Social distancing
- If un-well please stay home
- Hand hygiene
- Shower prior to entering then pool.
Pools will be closed when the air temperature forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology at 4:00pm for the next day is 21 degrees Celsius or less (ie. 21 and below).
Pool opening hours may be extended when the air temperature forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology at 4:00pm is more than 30 degrees Celsius that day and is also dependent on the number of patrons. This decision is at the discretion of the Senior lifeguard in conjunction with the Aquatics Officer.
- To allow for the difference in climate across the Shire, the air temperature for Daylesford and Trentham Pools will be based on the forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology for Ballarat and the air temperature for Clunes will be based on the forecast by the Bureau of Meteorology for Bendigo.
- Extended hours will be determined by the Aquatic Facilities Coordinator who will ensure appropriate staff are available.
- If there are less than 10 patrons the Aquatic Facilities Coordinator may close the pools after 7pm regardless of temperature.
- The latest closure will be 9pm and the earliest opening will be 10am.
- Early opening or late closure may occur during special events.
- Prescheduled activities, e.g. VICSWIM, may operate regardless of temperature.
- All variations to opening hours will be advertised on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hepburncouncil
Hazardous Conditions – Early Closing Policy
Outdoor pools may be closed at any time for safety reasons, these include if weather poses a hazard to patrons and staff.
All pools will be closed in the event a CODE RED Day is declared by the CFA.
Pools may also be closed if there are inconsistencies with chemical levels or for hygiene reasons to protect the health of our swimmers.
We have free entry to Hepburn Shire pools for the 2020/21 season.
Fees apply to group bookings or activities using lanes or the entire pool.
We have pool rules displayed at each pool to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the pools and the grounds in a safe and happy manner. Our Lifeguards are charged with the safety of all users and will enact our discipline policy when the rules are not followed. View the discipline policy here.
All Hepburn Shire Council outdoor pools (Clunes, Daylesford & Trentham) are actively involved in Life Saving Victoria’s Watch Around Water pool safety program.
- Children Under 5 must be accompanied in the water by a parent (or carer) or person over the age of 16, remaining within arms reach.
- Children under 10 must be clearly and constantly visible and remain directly accessible.
- All children must be actively supervised at all times. Unsupervised children (of any age) will be removed from the water if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety.
For more information go to www.lsv.com.au/pool-safety-services/watch-around-water/
Parents Supervise – Lifeguards Save Lives