Outdoor Swimming Pool Season 2017/18
Outdoor pools in Clunes, Daylesford and Trentham are opening for the 2017/18 season on Saturday 2nd December 2017.
Pool season ends on Sunday 10th March 2018.
The Creswick Toddlers Pool and Splash Park are also open as per the above dates. The Splash Park will remain operating until end of March 2017, weather permitting.
Have your say – Pool Consultation
We’re excited about the upcoming pool season. We want it to be bigger and better than last year, but we need your help.
We know from last year’s pool season that usage was down because of poor weather (especially in the mornings), and Clunes and Trentham both had big falls in attendance. The weather policy in the last season was also changed so that pools were only closed when temperatures fell below 17 degrees, despite pool attendance being very low on any day below 21 degrees. The upper limit to keep pools open past 6pm has traditionally been 35 degrees.
So, we want to hear from you about how this pool season can better meet your needs. In particular, we want to hear from you on opening hours and the weather policy.
Please complete this short survey to have your say.
By the way, you can also have your say at drop in sessions from 4-7pm on the following dates:
- Clunes Pool – Monday 23rd October, The Warehouse – Clunes
- Daylesford Pool – Tuesday 24th October, Daylesford Senior Citizens
- Trentham Pool – Wednesday 25th October, Trentham Neighbourhood House.
Help us make the 2017-18 pool season a huge success.
Activities at our Pools
We will have plenty of activities at the pools this summer, including:
- Games Days with sports and activities including volleyball, food and music
- Free Australia Day Party at all pools
- The new inflatable for the Trentham and Clunes Pools
We will again be running the VICSWIM Learn to Swim Program for one week in late January 2018 at all pools; We are waiting for confirmation of dates from VICSWIM and will put the link to register here as soon as possible.
Like the Hepburn Shire’s Facebook page (hepburncouncil) to keep up to date with what’s on.
We have pool rules displayed at each pool to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the pools and the grounds in a safe and happy manner. Our Lifeguards are charged with the safety of all users and will enact our discipline policy when the rules are not followed. View the discipline policy here.
|Fees Season 2017/18|
|Family Season Ticket||$153.00|
|Adult Season Ticket||$97.00|
|Concession Season Entry||$74.00|
|Child Season Ticket||$64.00|
|Family Day Entry||$12.00|
|School Entry per student||$2.00|
2016/17 Opening Times & Weather Policy (this is under review)
The opening times for the pools for the 2016/17 season were as follows, unless the Weather Policy is inacted:
WEATHER POLICY …
- The pool will be closed all day if the weather is forecast to be below 17 degrees.
- The pool will be closed all day in the event of a CODE RED.
- If weather poses a hazard to patrons or staff, the pool will be closed at the Senior Lifeguard’s discretion.
- If the temperature exceeds 35 degrees the pool may remain open at the Senior Lifeguard’s discretion. All pools will be closed by 9pm regardless of temperature.
- The pool may remain open late during special events.